Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oh Happy Day!!!



Today was the day that Maritu and Mamush became US citizens! We went to court this morning and the process was simple. We even had their names and birth dates changed. The hard part will be getting the Certificate of Citizenship for them with the changed dates of birth. If anyone is interested, I'll post as we cross that hurdle. It was really neat for us because we had the same judge that we had for our older girls when they were adopted. He even remembered us! We brought him a picture taken on that date to post on his bulliten board because it's not many times that judges get to see good cases. Also, he got to see that the decision that he made 10 years ago was a great one!

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome! And what a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Holly!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know your two oldest were also adopted. What a blessing!
    Love the pictures. I can't believe how big Maritu and Mamush have gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Holly! We need to do our readoption too. I had no idea this was your second adoption either. Was it a domestic adoption?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen,

    They are my bio girls, but not my hubby's. We have a funny family: 2 his, 2 hers, 2 ours, and 2 adopted! :)

    ReplyDelete