Monday, December 7, 2009

Two things that don't go together:

Snow and Soccer!

Last year, I blogged about my kids playing in the snow with all of our neighbors at 5 o'clock in the morning. So, I thought I'd never post about that again, but boy was I wrong! It snowed Friday! In southeast Texas! No, our kids didn't get to enjoy it this year because Curran had her district soccer tournament in Houston, so I had to drive in that mess. Uggghhh! Me driving in the snow, is like people in San Diego driving in the rain...we aren't used to that kind of stuff! We did make it safely, and I left the kids home with Daddy so they could stay warm. I'm not sure who got the better end of that deal? Me with Curran's first came at 7:30am when it's 29 degrees outside, or Daddy with all the kids and no electricity! Anyway, we dropped our first two games 1-0, so it didn't matter that we won our next two. The fun part was knocking Jasper out of the State playoffs in our last game. They deserved it after one of their girls was talking smack on the field about hurting our goalie, and then did (fractured hip)! I guess what comes around.....goes around. And people think soccer isn't a "real" sport! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment