Saturday, October 3, 2009

Soccer Saturday

I think this will become a regular Saturday title...

The only bad thing about soccer Saturdays is when your kids have games at the same times in different cities! That's what happened today, so Ken and I had to split up. He got to take Sky and Sheridan to their games, while the babies and I watched Curran's game. First though, I had to pick Curran up from region choir try-outs. (Curran says she cracked. Well, if her choir teacher would change her from a soprano to an alto, she'd do better because she's NOT a soprano!) Then it was straight to the game. I expected her team to not perform well because it was homecoming for Lumberton last night, (I hate to say that Vidor rained on their parade...) and I was right, at least for the first half of the game. I'm not sure if that's why the kids couldn't get anything done, or the fact that the coach changed up positions. Curran played mid-field in the first half. Thank goodness, however, the girls woke up in the second half. Curran ended up with another Hat Trick and was the only one that scored!
Sky and Sher's game didn't have the same outcome. :( Sky's team lost 0-6, and Sher's team played a U-5 boys team, and there's a world of difference in that one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment